Monday, September 19, 2011

Thrifty Finds - Week 1

I woke up Saturday morning in need of some serious retail therapy...
but unfortunately the budget wasn't going to allow for it.

So I decided to hit the thrift stores and see what I could find.
I couldn't be happier with everything I found!
To make it even better spent a whole whopping $6.21 !!!

Here's what I found:


I found this small glass cake dome with a wooden base. Very nice and heavy...
The base needs some help though..It's solid wood and in good condition, it just has quite a few scratches.
The plan for now is to sand down the base and refinish it.

 I couldn't resist this little pumpkin..I need more fall decor,
just not sure yet if it's going to stay orange or get a coat of spray paint



 LOVE all of these pans...
and as you can see I couldn't pass any of them up.
The really funny thing was I picked them up at 3 different Goodwills in town.
I'm guessing they were all donated at once then split between the stores
for $25-50 cents a piece I couldn't resist!
Love this basket...I'm thinking it's going to get a coat of spray paint, and maybe a cute ribbon around the middle...then I'll probably use it for craft storage...maybe for my patterns?
I think these were my favorite find of the day! Vintage patterns! I usually don't use patterns, and some of these will need to be modified but at 10 cents a piece there was no way they weren't coming home with me!
I think it's amazing how the styles eventually seem to come back around...My favorite is the Butterick woman's pattern ...I LOVE longer sweaters with front pockets for winter!

Happy Monday! Hope everyone had a fabulous weekend!  :0)

0 comments:

Post a Comment