Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Homemade Mod Podge

I had a huge bottle of Mod Podge somewhere...Where that place is though, I have no idea...
Do you ever have that problem???
It can't be just me...lol
It drives me crazy!  I swear I've seen the bottle somewhere, but when I needed it last night of course its no where to be found...So I made my own so I wouldn't have to make a trip into town.
It's super easy, cheap, and the best part was I already had everything I needed at home to make it!

To make your own you will need:

Elmers permanent white glue or any cheap brand will work too (Just make sure it's permanent,not washable!)
mason jar with lid
water
varnish (optional)


In your mason jar mix 3 parts white glue with 1 part water.
You can add more water if needed ..you want it to have a runny paint like consistency.
It will look a little filmy when you put it on, but it will dry clear.
Make sure and let it dry in between coats.


I have also read that you can use the following to make glossy Mod Podge, but I haven't had a chance to try it yet. If you do let me know how it works!
1 cup White permanent glue
1/3 cup of water
2 tbsp of varnish
Mix and store in a mason jar

1 comment:

  1. This is such a great post!! I am pinning the recipe. Thank you.
    p.s. great quote on your header!!

    ReplyDelete